To Share Positive Outcomes Together with kids and their families in Wilson. The SPOT promotes
an atmosphere of accountability, confidence, and self-esteem building with our children. We are in the business of inviting our kids to dream and help them to take the steps to see them through. We are in the business of developing ambitious, inspired, High School Graduates, & beyond. We are in the business of addressing & closing society’s darker cracks that way too many young lives fall into.
The tools we use to accomplish our mission are:
- Structured After-School Program
- Summer Camps (Preventive Learning Loss)
- Leadership Skill Development
- Drop Out Prevention
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Spiritual Development
- All Wilson County Youth grades K through 12 with special attention towards the at-risk in our community
- Those in danger of Juvenile Crime, Gang Involvement, Latch Key & Dropping Out of School
- All who have a desire to bridge cultural gaps
- Character & Leadership
- Education & Technology
- The Arts
- Sports & Recreation
- Spiritual Life
- SPOT School Reporting shows 98% of our members advance to next grade
- Intimate relationships with our parents. Parents must sign members in and out provide us an opportunity to know them and approach them
- Parent feedback: “My child attends school everyday, in part because they don’t want to miss out on a day at The SPOT
- Positive feedback on Activity Based Learning. Constructive, positive, & fun focused activities.
- Individual by member to member tutoring through Gifted Learning Program, tutoring by teen, college student tutoring participation. All at NO COST!
- Focused Summer Camp making summertime learning loss prevention a priority